Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15th-Patience

Today i was reading in Mosiah 23;21 which says-Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to achasten his people; yea, he trieth their bpatience and their faith. then in chapter 24;15 it says -And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did astrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
After reading these scriptures I started thinking about different things in my life that have taught me patience. the biggest thing in my life that i believe has taught me to be patience was my job up at Brumbaugh Stables back in Oregon, while working there I broke and trained a horse. While training i had a lot of times when i felt like the horse was making no progress but my boss told me to keep pushing her and to not get discouraged which can be very hard when you yourself don't see anything coming from all of the work that you are doing. Well after awhile i started to notice that the horse started doing things without me having to ask more than once, this made me very happy to see progress.


like earlier i think that there are times in our life were we are working our hardest yet we don't see anything coming of it, but i can guarantee that if you keep trying and pushing yourself that will be able to accomplish things that you never thought that you could because like it said in Mosiah 24;15 the burdens upon Alma were made light and the lord strengthened them. I know that the lord will help us in all of our righteous endeavors and that he will not give us more than we can handle like it says In 1Nephi 3;7 I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.


here is a video that talks a little about Patience


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if my 4 year old could have waited. What a great story and true principle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete