Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30 ~ What Matters Most

What matters most


So over the past couple weeks I have had a lot on my mind, one of the many things that I have had on my mind is what is really important in my life? One of the many reasons that this question had popped into my mind is because I was thinking about what I did before my mission and what I am planning on doing after my mission, these two things have prompted many questions like....
Do I want to do the same things when I get home?
What do I wish I had/hadn't done?
What do I plan on changing when I get home?
What carrier path do I want to peruse?
What kind of car do I want?
Where do I want to live?

So after thinking about all of these things I than asked myself what really matters?
Does it really matter if I get a new car when I get home? NO
Does it really matter if I get the same job I had before? NO
Do any of these worldly things matter? NO not really. So why was I even worrying about them? I really didn’t know.

After thinking about what is really going to matter when I go home I came to the conclusion.

That the only things that really matter right now or what matters most is that I am out here on my mission sharing the gospel with those that I come in contact with. I know that all of the things back home will fall into place if I focus on the things that matter most right here and now and not worry about all of the other things.
I know that if more people would take just a few minutes and step back and refocus their view on what really matters there would be a lot happier people and a lot less who are fearful of the future.




Here is a video by President Thomas S. Monson



1 comment:

  1. Your are so right what does matter most is the here and now...several of the talks given at conference this last weekend reflected this very thought. Sharing the gospel, doing Temple work, etc. Some of these things will only be able to be done, here upon the earth, so they need to be done now. Then yes, the rest will all fall into place. You are very wise and will do well with those thoughts and words.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete