Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not Judging

So the other day I was reading in Romans 14 and as I was reading I kept thinking about how the chapter heading says "making unrighteous judgment of each other".
This topic has come up a lot recently with myself and others, we have talked extensively and I have found that it is all to easy to make unrighteous judgment.

In verse 10 it asks a question. But why dost thou judge thy brother? Now I have been thinking a lot about why do we judge our "brother"?  Well we do need to make judgments because if we don't we wouldn't be able to make decisions on our own, but why do we always have to judge people before we even get to know them? I have found that I myself judge alot of people before I get to know them which isn't Christ like at all, so in my endeavor to try and be more Christ like I am working on not judging people on their looks but on who they are.
I know that as I have been working on this I have been able to make alot more friends and I have a much happier outlook on life and i know that if we all start getting to know each other before we judge then we can all be alot happier.

Here is a movie that talks about a lady who judged a man before she got to know him, then after getting to know him her outlook has completely changed.



After reading the blog / viewing the video please fell free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment